New AMD Radeon™ E9171-based XMC-4740 module delivers double the GPU performance without increasing power consumption
Curtiss-Wright’s Defense Solutions division announced the introduction of a new rugged video processing mezzanine module through its Reseller Agreement with WOLF Advanced Technology. Designed for high-performance video processing and display applications, the XMC-4740 features a 1.2 TFLOPS AMD Radeon E9171 GPU that provides twice the performance, at similar power levels, compared to the previous E8860 generation GPU. The XMC (VITA 42/61) mezzanine module supports up to five simultaneous display outputs to DisplayPort™ and DVI output interfaces. The module’s GPU is supported with 4 GB of high-speed GDDR5 128-bit graphics memory. The XMC-4740, available in both air and conduction-cooled configurations, is ideal for use in aerospace and defense graphics applications with significant video data processing requirements, such as video stabilization, image processing & enhancement, terrain and object tracking or 3D visualization of geospatial data.
“Warfighters need high-performance graphics systems with powerful 3D visualization capabilities that are delivered as close as possible to real-time,” said Lynn Bamford, President, Defense and Power. “As on-board video display capabilities increase, it’s important to ensure that increased performance doesn’t further burden already size, weight and power-constrained platforms. Our new XMC-4740 graphics display module doubles the visual performance in multi-display environments while holding the line on power consumption. This zero-footprint XMC mezzanine module provides a win-win for today’s SWaP challenged embedded systems.”
- XMC mezzanine form factor, supporting a fast 8-lane PCI Express (PCIe®) Gen3 interface
- AMD Radeon E9171 Graphics Engine, with 4 GB GDDR5 128-bit graphics memory
- Up to 1.2 TFLOPS performance
- 5 x independent simultaneous outputs, supporting various combinations of DisplayPort and DVI interfaces
- 3 x display outputs on the XMC interface
- 2 x additional display outputs on the front panel of Air-cooled modules
- Hardware codec for H.264/H/265 encode & decode
- Available in air-cooled and conduction-cooled rugged formats
Software support for the XMC-4740 includes AMD software drivers that support Linux® and Windows® applications with OpenGL and Vulkan graphics APIs, as well as OpenCL™ to accelerate data processing algorithms. RTOS drivers are available for the Wind River® VxWorks® and Green Hills INTEGRITY-178 tuMP™ operating environments.