Modular design reduces slot count and uses software-defined radio (SDR) technology that allows rapid adaptability and quick response to emerging RF threats.
Epiq Solutions, an engineering firm developing cutting-edge RF tools for detailed insight into RF environments and wireless threats, today introduced the Sidekiq™ VPX400, a SOSA™-aligned RF transceiver solution designed to support the rapid development of converged SIGINT/EW platforms. The Sidekiq VPX400 provides a complete antenna-to-bits, multi-channel, phase-coherent RF transceiver solution in a single 3U VPX form factor. This high-performance transceiver solution includes both software and FPGA reference designs that support version 2.4 of the Modular Open RF Architecture (MORA) specification, simplifying system integration into any MORA-compliant system. VITA 49.2 is also supported for command, control, and streaming over 10 or 40-gigabit ethernet to the VPX backplane. With a foundation in modular open system architecture, low SWaP, and flexibility, Sidekiq VPX400 is an ideal choice for expanding system capabilities and functional agility in space-constrained C5ISR, SIGINT, and EW systems platforms while streamlining system engineering efforts and related costs.
Leveraging Epiq Solutions’ proven Sidekiq X4 RF transceiver and utilizing two Analog Devices ADRV9009 RFICs, the Sidekiq VPX400 has a wide RF tuning range up to 6 GHz, with the flexibility to be configured for either 4-channel phase-coherent operation at 200 MHz instantaneous bandwidth (IBW) or two independently tunable channels at 400 MHz IBW for a total of 800 MHz IBW. Other key features of Sidekiq VPX400 include:
- Integrated Xilinx Kintex Ultrascale KU115 FPGA for high performance, cost-effective signal processing, and backplane I/O
- Integrated Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC ZU7EV running Linux for executing the MORA device layer software locally
- OpenVPX slot profiles include:
- SLT3-PAY-1F1U1S1S1U1U2F1H-14.6.11-n (“-4” for a SOSA aligned option)
- Supports VITA 67.3 for backplane RF I/O
- Supports 10/40 GbE and PCIe
- Typical operation consumes less than 30W of power
- Available in conduction cooled housing for deployment, or air-cooled housing for development
“Epiq Solutions is thrilled to continue delivering highly integrated, cost-effective multi-channel software-defined radios with a modular open system architecture at their foundation,” stated John Orlando, CEO, and co-founder at Epiq Solutions. “Our SDR portfolio and application software will continue to expand in this coming year, providing the flexibility and rapid response needed to keep up with the evolving RF threat landscape.”